Skip to main content

{Big Sigh---}

Ever had one of those?  You know, where you think the weight of the world rests on your shoulders?  Aren't you glad it does not?  Aren't you glad that we have THE God, that IS that BIG, to carry that weight?

We are adjusting to Hubby being back at work.  Things are not too different than before.  Just a little different routine.  Our days pass quickly, too quickly most times. 

Daughter #2 is in Florida visiting Pensacola Christian College.  She is planning to attend there in the fall, majoring in nursing.  She is excited, very excited actually.  Ready to fly and "get on with life".  This does not make me unhappy.  I am ready for  her to fly and become what God has intended for her become.  Okay, she really won't be "on her own".  She will be well cared for within the college, learning over the next four years, before she will actually "fly" on her own.
I pray that all she has been taught, from the cradle forward, will stay with her and help her become the woman God has in His plan for her

School is ALMOST finished!  Our kindergarten-er has only 19 school day left, and the other "nesters" have thirty!  We are all ready for a break.  I am ready to be Mom, not school teacher for a few months. 

The house is quite, with the exception of the humming of the heater, icebox and the ticking of the school room clock.  Hubby has gone to get four teens from church.  They have a youth rally once a month, September-May, with other churches of like faith.  The younger ones are in bed sound asleep.  Too quiet.  Way too quiet.  No, I prefer noise.  The sound of little feet, and big ones too, running walking through the house, laughter, good nature ribbing.  You know, sounds of HOME!  Hurry home, Honey!  Need to hear the feet of those teens walking around on the creaking floor, opening and shutting the icebox, looking for a snack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mother's Gentle Love

My Mother's Gentle Love by Ron Hamilton Who puts a band-aid on my knee? Who holds me close so tenderly? Who always sees the best in me? There’s no one like mother. Who always wipes my tears away? Who tells me I’ll be great some day? Who cares in such a gentle way? There’s no one like mother. My mother’s gentle love, my mother’s gentle love Has taught me of God’s tender care, and turned my eyes above. I’ll bless her all my days for all her gentle ways. Oh, how I thank my Lord above for my mother’s gentle love. Today is my mother's viewing, and tomorrow is her funeral.  The song above so much describes my mom.  She loved her four children so very much!  Before she had children, she was a nurse for "special care" babies~~"old" term for NICU.  Once she started having children she gave  up her career to stay at home and raise her own babies. Thanks, Mom! Thank you, Daddy, for allowing Mom to stay at home and raise us four children! My mother and her mo

Life....

Busy.  That seems to describe life in our home.  Just day to day busy.  Nothing really noteworthy.  Life moves on.   Let me think, since I last posted.... well, let me back up to about a month before my last post.  Daughter #6 got married in October of 2022...today Son #7 got married.  So, I have gained another son and another daughter! Our youngest graduated from high school in May and our oldest grandchild graduated the following day!  From our oldest child to our youngest, we have 33 years of education. (I'm tired just thinking about it!!) Still only 13 grandchildren.  Hubby is still in education.  I keep things going on the home front.  I help out the families where and when needed.  I still make cards for the card ministry that I have been doing for 19 years.  I still crochet.   That about sums up life at this point.  Have a wonderful day!

Remembering Mom

  Eleven years ago, today, my mom entered the gates of heaven.   My heart still breaks, hurts, and grieves.  But I know I will see her one day.  It seems like it has been a lifetime.  My youngest was only 6 1/2, now she is 17 1/2, a senior in high school and trying to choose between two colleges.  My oldest was 26 with young children and now is 37 and his crew is growing up too quickly!   My oldest grandchild was 6 and now is 17 and a senior in high school.  My youngest grandchild was only 6 weeks old and now is eleven.  Eight of my thirteen grandchildren have been born since that day.    Mom Mom's Viewing My children, taken about 6 weeks before  Mom died. I miss you, Mom!