Skip to main content

Things That Make This Momma Proud

Sometimes in my life I wonder if I have really made a difference in my children's lives.  I had a mother that gave up a nursing career to raise her babies.  She never regretted becoming a stay-at-home-mom even when money was tight.  So it never really came to my mind to be anything but a SAHM. 

I had a couple of jobs as a teen.  For a very short time I was a waitress and worked at Arby's.  My "income" was mainly babysitting.  I had a full tuition scholarship to a Christian college in Florida, but never was really interested in becoming a graduate with a degree in anything but an MRS degree.  After a semester I packed up and came home to be a stay-at-home-daughter.  I babysat at home full-time for less than a year.  The the lady I babysat for decided to become a SAHM.  A short time later I became engaged.  You can probably guess the rest of the story...I got married, had babies--lots of babies--and lived happily ever after, right?  Well, the happily ever after part won't come until Heaven, but my life has been blessed.

Last week, Daughter #1 decided to leave her job and become a SAHM!  I am so happy!  Grandson E is happy to have his mommy home also!  Aunt Mimi was great, (Daughter #2), but Mommy is the best!

Today in penmanship class, Daughter #7 had to write a paper about what she wanted to be when she grew up.  I will share what she has written, as it was written including the misspelled words.  (Wish you could see her penmanship, it is beautiful!)

"When I grow up I whant to be a mom.  Becaus so I can take care of children.  I might even whant one or two children!  I just whant to be a mom!"   

I wish you could have seen her sweet face as she presented her paper to me!  Priceless!

I guess I have made a difference and pointed my children to what is important in life.  I can thank my momma for setting a wonderful example and for daughters who want to carry on the legacy.  Most of all, I want to thank God who is faithful to hear the prayers of a mother as she cries out to make a difference in her children and for answering.   
 

Comments

  1. Oh, Christy! This really touches my heart! I can remember going to college because my daddy wanted me to be an accountant and because I had a basketball scholarship. I tried to play basketball, but my knees just weren't strong enough. I went to classes halfheartedly, but I was away from home and having fun and my mind and heart just weren't in it. I dropped out after two years and got married. I had always looked up to my mom and wanted to be like her. Other than working on the farm, my "jobs" had also been babysitting. I loved kids and couldn't wait to have my own! Obviously, I had to get married to do that. That was how I was raised. Although the marriages I entered into were toxic, raising my kids was the most fulfilling job I have had! As I watch my oldest daughter beginning her journey as a mother, I am reminded of a time when she looked me in the eye and said, "I don't ever want to have kids!" I am so overjoyed that she changed her mind. Life dealt us some unfortunate cards, but we were able to survive in spite of and come out stronger! I give my mother a lot of that credit. Without her prayers and example and unconditional love, I'm not sure I would be here to write this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Mother's Gentle Love

My Mother's Gentle Love by Ron Hamilton Who puts a band-aid on my knee? Who holds me close so tenderly? Who always sees the best in me? There’s no one like mother. Who always wipes my tears away? Who tells me I’ll be great some day? Who cares in such a gentle way? There’s no one like mother. My mother’s gentle love, my mother’s gentle love Has taught me of God’s tender care, and turned my eyes above. I’ll bless her all my days for all her gentle ways. Oh, how I thank my Lord above for my mother’s gentle love. Today is my mother's viewing, and tomorrow is her funeral.  The song above so much describes my mom.  She loved her four children so very much!  Before she had children, she was a nurse for "special care" babies~~"old" term for NICU.  Once she started having children she gave  up her career to stay at home and raise her own babies. Thanks, Mom! Thank you, Daddy, for allowing Mom to stay at home and raise us four children! My mother and her mo

Life....

Busy.  That seems to describe life in our home.  Just day to day busy.  Nothing really noteworthy.  Life moves on.   Let me think, since I last posted.... well, let me back up to about a month before my last post.  Daughter #6 got married in October of 2022...today Son #7 got married.  So, I have gained another son and another daughter! Our youngest graduated from high school in May and our oldest grandchild graduated the following day!  From our oldest child to our youngest, we have 33 years of education. (I'm tired just thinking about it!!) Still only 13 grandchildren.  Hubby is still in education.  I keep things going on the home front.  I help out the families where and when needed.  I still make cards for the card ministry that I have been doing for 19 years.  I still crochet.   That about sums up life at this point.  Have a wonderful day!

Remembering Mom

  Eleven years ago, today, my mom entered the gates of heaven.   My heart still breaks, hurts, and grieves.  But I know I will see her one day.  It seems like it has been a lifetime.  My youngest was only 6 1/2, now she is 17 1/2, a senior in high school and trying to choose between two colleges.  My oldest was 26 with young children and now is 37 and his crew is growing up too quickly!   My oldest grandchild was 6 and now is 17 and a senior in high school.  My youngest grandchild was only 6 weeks old and now is eleven.  Eight of my thirteen grandchildren have been born since that day.    Mom Mom's Viewing My children, taken about 6 weeks before  Mom died. I miss you, Mom!