Skip to main content

Hello December!

They say that time flies when your having fun.  While that may be true, I have noticed that time flies even if you are not having fun.  Maybe it is old age....errr....getting older.  In two short months I will be fifty-three!  I do not think that is old, just getting older!

This month seems to be moving along a bit too quickly for me.  Maybe it is because of the amount of things I need to accomplish in so little of a time.  For instance, the family has been wanting to put up the Christmas tree since Thanksgiving.  It just got put up on Friday, the ninth.  Not only was it late getting up, but it is not our usual 7 foot tree.  This year we have a 4 foot tree up on a table.  It has been renamed from our Christmas tree to our "Humble Tree".  Humble indeed.  The base is missing.  Son #4 and I had to create a base for it.  It was firm until the ornaments started going on....so if you tilt your head to the left it looks like you are tilting your head to the left to look at a leaning tree.  It does not hold all our ornaments.  Think this.....8 children still living at home, the oldest is 21...so 21 ornaments; the youngest will be 12 in a week...so 12 ornaments.  Now in between 12 and 21 fall the ages of 13, 15, 16, 18, 18, and 20, not counting the ornaments Hubby and I have collected in 33 years of marriage.  We added an overstuffed chair to our family room.  It is suppose to be coming up to our dining/sitting area.  I have not had time to rearrange things to bring it up, so this is the reason the 7 foot tree has not been put up.  So, "Humble Tree" remains.  It still looks nice and has been straightened, but humbly it remains.

I have been doing a couple of crafty things.  Like always, I made something and sent it off in the mail to Georgia for Daughter #2 BEFORE taking a picture of it!!!!!  But here is a of a gift for a dear friends birthday.  Of course I did not edit my picture!  Tilt your head to the left!*smile*  (of course my pictures are not going where I want them....seriously, they were in a particular order.)



For D #2
My baby sister worked on this almost ENTIRELY by
herself.  She loves cats and thought a snow cat would
be cute on her porch.
LOVE the die cut for this card!  This was for
S #4's girlfriend. 
I made 50 of these for my card ministry. 
I made this shaker card for my secret sister
at church. 
D #4
S #6
This is the gift for my dear friend.  It keeps getting moved down
the line. :(
This was for my aunt's birthday.
      
Hubby's birthday card
 That is the end of the creative side of me for now!  Seriously, I need to figure out this blogging thing.  :)


*all stamped/die cut images are copyright of Stampin' Up!  Weathered wood paper from Hobby Lobby, glittered paper in snow shaker jar from Joanne Fabric.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mother's Gentle Love

My Mother's Gentle Love by Ron Hamilton Who puts a band-aid on my knee? Who holds me close so tenderly? Who always sees the best in me? There’s no one like mother. Who always wipes my tears away? Who tells me I’ll be great some day? Who cares in such a gentle way? There’s no one like mother. My mother’s gentle love, my mother’s gentle love Has taught me of God’s tender care, and turned my eyes above. I’ll bless her all my days for all her gentle ways. Oh, how I thank my Lord above for my mother’s gentle love. Today is my mother's viewing, and tomorrow is her funeral.  The song above so much describes my mom.  She loved her four children so very much!  Before she had children, she was a nurse for "special care" babies~~"old" term for NICU.  Once she started having children she gave  up her career to stay at home and raise her own babies. Thanks, Mom! Thank you, Daddy, for allowing Mom to stay at home and raise us four children! My mother and her mo

Life....

Busy.  That seems to describe life in our home.  Just day to day busy.  Nothing really noteworthy.  Life moves on.   Let me think, since I last posted.... well, let me back up to about a month before my last post.  Daughter #6 got married in October of 2022...today Son #7 got married.  So, I have gained another son and another daughter! Our youngest graduated from high school in May and our oldest grandchild graduated the following day!  From our oldest child to our youngest, we have 33 years of education. (I'm tired just thinking about it!!) Still only 13 grandchildren.  Hubby is still in education.  I keep things going on the home front.  I help out the families where and when needed.  I still make cards for the card ministry that I have been doing for 19 years.  I still crochet.   That about sums up life at this point.  Have a wonderful day!

Remembering Mom

  Eleven years ago, today, my mom entered the gates of heaven.   My heart still breaks, hurts, and grieves.  But I know I will see her one day.  It seems like it has been a lifetime.  My youngest was only 6 1/2, now she is 17 1/2, a senior in high school and trying to choose between two colleges.  My oldest was 26 with young children and now is 37 and his crew is growing up too quickly!   My oldest grandchild was 6 and now is 17 and a senior in high school.  My youngest grandchild was only 6 weeks old and now is eleven.  Eight of my thirteen grandchildren have been born since that day.    Mom Mom's Viewing My children, taken about 6 weeks before  Mom died. I miss you, Mom!