Skip to main content

How Long has it Been?

 Has it really been since the end of 2020 that I last posted?.....wow......

My girls were sitting at the dinner table, way past dinner time, and were asking me if I was still blogging.  I told them no, that I really was not sure why.  I guess the dynamics of life have changed, I really had not put a lot of thought into the blog.  But they had a ball going over the post and our youngest daughter, Daughter #7, could not believe, in her words..."Why would you put such rachet pictures of me on your blog!?"  (she is almost 18 and loves to describe things as rachet, crusty, etc.)  Some of the words they come up with I have to ask what they mean.....{BIG SIGH!}

So, here I am.  What should I blog about?  Life is always interesting, but we live it a day at a time.  We make plans but seems like we do more rearranging.  That's okay, somethings we plan end up not being important as something else.

Life here at home has changed in the past several months.  Seems like since early April that the winds have blown in many storms....not real storms, but storms in life.  We got slammed with high winds we did not see coming and it nearly blew us down and uprooted me in my faith.  As the roots started to pull out of the soil of faith, I had to fight hard not to allow the winds to pull me over.  So, with strong tie downs the roots are back in the soil of faith and growing deeper in the soil.  I am not saying that the storms have died down, oh no, the storms rage, the high winds blow, but the roots are growing.  Just like a tree planted by the water, I shall not be moved.

Mid-April brought showers...again, not real but in life.  I had major surgery, found out I had cancer.  So, the recent weeks have been treatments.  Treatments are finished.  I am waiting to hear the next steps.  You may wonder why I am calling surgery and finding cancer a "shower"....because it is.  There has been peace all along the way.  I can't change what I have been given, but I can trust the One who has allowed me to walk this path.  

Daughter #5 graduated from college in May.  Plans are to return to work on her Masters.  Daughter #6 is going overseas August-December for an internship for her culinary degree.  Son #7 moved and is changing his college major.  Daughter #2 is moving this weekend and will be getting married in October.  The other grown ones are raising their families or working in the jobs they have been at or have recently hired on at.  Come in about a month we will only have 3 left at home.  Only ONE in highschool.....a senior!

We have had a ball being able to have grandchildren over.  It doesn't matter if they are seventeen or two!  They are all a joy!  Out youngest was yelling at a bumblebee on the 4th.  She kept saying, "Get out of my Mammi's yard!"  It was so precious.  She honestly thought she was protecting my flowers! Love it!  

Let's see.....OH!  I have been crocheting a blanket that I record the temperature for each day.  The color of yarn changes every 19 degrees.  For example, white= anything less than 10 degrees, light blue=10-29 degrees, turquois=30-49, yellow=50-69, orange=70-89, and 90 and greater is a light brown.  I'll try to remember to get a picture of it and post it.  I made a baby blanket for my niece, working on one for a new momma-to-be at church.  I made our future son-in-love a slouchy hat for winter so he will match all the big boys with theirs.  I was working on mini stockings for Christmas ornaments for the family...needed 40!  (I guess that is saying you have a big family without saying you have a big family!)  I thought it was going to take me all year to do it, but I had them done in less than 4 months!  Plus, I have been keeping busy with my card ministry and Stampin' Up!  I mail out 40-60 cards a month!  The price of stamps is ridiculous but doesn't everyone like happy mail?  No card is hand delivered except by the postman, they get to take a happy trip through the post office!

Everyone is gone today, except for hubby and me.  We are going to use a gift card I received for Mother's Day for Olive Garden.  We asked my sister to join us.  Got to get there early, they are always so busy!!!!!!  The pasta will hurt my gut, but I have been wanting to go.  OH MAN!  JoAnn Fabrics is right next door!  I need to make some handwarmers for my brother-in-love!  

I have also been helping hubby prepare for school.  It's been fun.  I really miss home schooling.  I did some rebinding of schoolbooks for Daughter #1as well as laminating some posters for her.

Well, I did it!  I did a post!  I will wait and see if the girls notice. 

Blessings to all who read.  

John 3:16  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mother's Gentle Love

My Mother's Gentle Love by Ron Hamilton Who puts a band-aid on my knee? Who holds me close so tenderly? Who always sees the best in me? There’s no one like mother. Who always wipes my tears away? Who tells me I’ll be great some day? Who cares in such a gentle way? There’s no one like mother. My mother’s gentle love, my mother’s gentle love Has taught me of God’s tender care, and turned my eyes above. I’ll bless her all my days for all her gentle ways. Oh, how I thank my Lord above for my mother’s gentle love. Today is my mother's viewing, and tomorrow is her funeral.  The song above so much describes my mom.  She loved her four children so very much!  Before she had children, she was a nurse for "special care" babies~~"old" term for NICU.  Once she started having children she gave  up her career to stay at home and raise her own babies. Thanks, Mom! Thank you, Daddy, for allowing Mom to stay at home and raise us four children! My mother and her mo

Life....

Busy.  That seems to describe life in our home.  Just day to day busy.  Nothing really noteworthy.  Life moves on.   Let me think, since I last posted.... well, let me back up to about a month before my last post.  Daughter #6 got married in October of 2022...today Son #7 got married.  So, I have gained another son and another daughter! Our youngest graduated from high school in May and our oldest grandchild graduated the following day!  From our oldest child to our youngest, we have 33 years of education. (I'm tired just thinking about it!!) Still only 13 grandchildren.  Hubby is still in education.  I keep things going on the home front.  I help out the families where and when needed.  I still make cards for the card ministry that I have been doing for 19 years.  I still crochet.   That about sums up life at this point.  Have a wonderful day!

Remembering Mom

  Eleven years ago, today, my mom entered the gates of heaven.   My heart still breaks, hurts, and grieves.  But I know I will see her one day.  It seems like it has been a lifetime.  My youngest was only 6 1/2, now she is 17 1/2, a senior in high school and trying to choose between two colleges.  My oldest was 26 with young children and now is 37 and his crew is growing up too quickly!   My oldest grandchild was 6 and now is 17 and a senior in high school.  My youngest grandchild was only 6 weeks old and now is eleven.  Eight of my thirteen grandchildren have been born since that day.    Mom Mom's Viewing My children, taken about 6 weeks before  Mom died. I miss you, Mom!