Skip to main content

Winter...Will it Ever End?

"Oh the weather outside is frightful..."  Seriously.  An ice storm last night left us with almost a half of an inch of ice.  We have another inch of ice moving in as I blog, with one, maybe two inches of snow to follow that.  The weather team is also forecasting that we will have strong winds that will take out power lines and bring down tree limbs.  At least we are not getting the blizzard conditions that the north part of the state is getting.  We have what we need to weather it out, unless electricity goes out.  Our furnace is gas but with an electric blower!!!  One of our friends brought over an oil lamp and added to our candle collection, "just in case".  If the power does go out, our neighbor has a gas heater in her downstairs living area and we will slip and slide over the sidewalk to stay with them.

I think I have mentioned in one of my blogs, that I tease my scholars about the public school canceling.  If they cancel school because of the weather, and the RARELY DO,  we will have a snow day also!  Well...I am eating those words today and probably will tomorrow also...unless they tell me they are bored!  The storm may rage outside, but inside we are safe, warm and needs are met.

Life in the Chilson house moves on in spite of no job.  Let me "re-phrase" the job part, our job right now is totally trusting God.  I look at my children and see how they trust that there will be food for each meal, milk, and maybe a snack.  They are not thinking, "O boy, I hope Mom can wrestle something up for us to eat."  Nor do I hear at meal time, "Do we have enough food to feed everyone?"  No...I always hear, "Mom, what are we having to eat?"  Now, it may not be what they want, or even like, but they have something.  So, why is it as a child of God, I wonder how He is going to feed us?  He has not forsaken us, and as always HE IS RIGHT ON TIME!  Trust is part of life, but right now it is our job!  

I am so thankful that God has given us seasons.  My post title is "Winter...Will it Ever End?"  The answer is yes, it will end.  Just as soon as we have had our fill, some sooner than others, winter will fade into spring, then spring into summer.  Once we have had enough of the hot,dry days, it will finally give way to autumn and back to the long night of winter.  So it is in our spiritual lives.  Right now I guess maybe we are in the winter of our lives.  The storm rages, and the future seems bleak and uncertain.  But it is a time to "Be still..." and remember who God is. (Psalm 46:10a)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mother's Gentle Love

My Mother's Gentle Love by Ron Hamilton Who puts a band-aid on my knee? Who holds me close so tenderly? Who always sees the best in me? There’s no one like mother. Who always wipes my tears away? Who tells me I’ll be great some day? Who cares in such a gentle way? There’s no one like mother. My mother’s gentle love, my mother’s gentle love Has taught me of God’s tender care, and turned my eyes above. I’ll bless her all my days for all her gentle ways. Oh, how I thank my Lord above for my mother’s gentle love. Today is my mother's viewing, and tomorrow is her funeral.  The song above so much describes my mom.  She loved her four children so very much!  Before she had children, she was a nurse for "special care" babies~~"old" term for NICU.  Once she started having children she gave  up her career to stay at home and raise her own babies. Thanks, Mom! Thank you, Daddy, for allowing Mom to stay at home and raise us four children! My mother and her mo

Life....

Busy.  That seems to describe life in our home.  Just day to day busy.  Nothing really noteworthy.  Life moves on.   Let me think, since I last posted.... well, let me back up to about a month before my last post.  Daughter #6 got married in October of 2022...today Son #7 got married.  So, I have gained another son and another daughter! Our youngest graduated from high school in May and our oldest grandchild graduated the following day!  From our oldest child to our youngest, we have 33 years of education. (I'm tired just thinking about it!!) Still only 13 grandchildren.  Hubby is still in education.  I keep things going on the home front.  I help out the families where and when needed.  I still make cards for the card ministry that I have been doing for 19 years.  I still crochet.   That about sums up life at this point.  Have a wonderful day!

Remembering Mom

  Eleven years ago, today, my mom entered the gates of heaven.   My heart still breaks, hurts, and grieves.  But I know I will see her one day.  It seems like it has been a lifetime.  My youngest was only 6 1/2, now she is 17 1/2, a senior in high school and trying to choose between two colleges.  My oldest was 26 with young children and now is 37 and his crew is growing up too quickly!   My oldest grandchild was 6 and now is 17 and a senior in high school.  My youngest grandchild was only 6 weeks old and now is eleven.  Eight of my thirteen grandchildren have been born since that day.    Mom Mom's Viewing My children, taken about 6 weeks before  Mom died. I miss you, Mom!