Skip to main content

Unchanging God

Sometimes things come into our lives that we would rather not deal with.  But life is always changing.  This one thing I know, I know the Unchanging God.  He is the same yesterday, today and forever.  He knows my fears, greatest heartaches, and is concerned with the smallest things in my life. 

The last several-plus weeks have been very trying and exhausting.  Some of it due to the start of school and getting use to a new routine--again.  Some because the nesters have taken turns sharing a virus that kept me out of church for five weeks.  Just when I can get back to church we find out our ONLY vehicle is too dangerous to drive!  We have to rely on our older sons to get Hubby to and from work...we are on week two!  Not to mention heart wrenching things that I can not change because they are out of my control.

Despite all the above mentioned things and unmentioned ones, I will rest in the knowledge that God loves me and wants me to rest in Him.  When I take my eyes off Him and put them on the circumstances I want to quit serving and hide, and was reminded of that this morning!  So I will turn my eyes back on the One who loves me most, God...the same yesterday, today and forever...though my today will be history tomorrow! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mother's Gentle Love

My Mother's Gentle Love by Ron Hamilton Who puts a band-aid on my knee? Who holds me close so tenderly? Who always sees the best in me? There’s no one like mother. Who always wipes my tears away? Who tells me I’ll be great some day? Who cares in such a gentle way? There’s no one like mother. My mother’s gentle love, my mother’s gentle love Has taught me of God’s tender care, and turned my eyes above. I’ll bless her all my days for all her gentle ways. Oh, how I thank my Lord above for my mother’s gentle love. Today is my mother's viewing, and tomorrow is her funeral.  The song above so much describes my mom.  She loved her four children so very much!  Before she had children, she was a nurse for "special care" babies~~"old" term for NICU.  Once she started having children she gave  up her career to stay at home and raise her own babies. Thanks, Mom! Thank you, Daddy, for allowing Mom to stay at home and raise us four children! My mother and her mo

Life....

Busy.  That seems to describe life in our home.  Just day to day busy.  Nothing really noteworthy.  Life moves on.   Let me think, since I last posted.... well, let me back up to about a month before my last post.  Daughter #6 got married in October of 2022...today Son #7 got married.  So, I have gained another son and another daughter! Our youngest graduated from high school in May and our oldest grandchild graduated the following day!  From our oldest child to our youngest, we have 33 years of education. (I'm tired just thinking about it!!) Still only 13 grandchildren.  Hubby is still in education.  I keep things going on the home front.  I help out the families where and when needed.  I still make cards for the card ministry that I have been doing for 19 years.  I still crochet.   That about sums up life at this point.  Have a wonderful day!

Remembering Mom

  Eleven years ago, today, my mom entered the gates of heaven.   My heart still breaks, hurts, and grieves.  But I know I will see her one day.  It seems like it has been a lifetime.  My youngest was only 6 1/2, now she is 17 1/2, a senior in high school and trying to choose between two colleges.  My oldest was 26 with young children and now is 37 and his crew is growing up too quickly!   My oldest grandchild was 6 and now is 17 and a senior in high school.  My youngest grandchild was only 6 weeks old and now is eleven.  Eight of my thirteen grandchildren have been born since that day.    Mom Mom's Viewing My children, taken about 6 weeks before  Mom died. I miss you, Mom!