Skip to main content

Wedding Project

Since late fall of 2012 I have been working on and off for a young bride making some things for her engagement and wedding.  It started with invitations for an engagement party that her mom was giving.  Next came "Save the Date" and now the wedding packets.  Her theme has been peacocks and the main color is brown.  (Her last name is Peacock and she is becoming a Brown!)

I did not take pictures of the engagement party invitation or the Save the Date announcements. But...I did get some pictures of the wedding packets!
 
Every piece of card stock sprayed with a pearl shimmer

Invitation had a lace punch on each side.
Each invitation took 10 punches, two punches broke and the third
started to stick!  (more on that later!)

Belly Bands for invitations, initial is stamped and
heat embossed (these are for the invitations, but the same
was made for the packet that will hold the information
for the wedding)

Packet to hold information for the wedding

Finished invitation with belly band
 
Everything banded in groups of 25 for the
bride and her attendants to assemble

Wrapped in tissue paper for delivery
 
 
Packed and ready for the bride to pick up
 
 
 


I am also have Thank You notes that are the same style as the invitation, but smaller.
They also will have a belly band, but instead of the initial "B" it will be
a piece with the phrase "Mr. & Mrs." stamped on it and embossed.
 
This project was a major undertaking.  The bride was unsure of what she wanted and when she made her final decisions and product ordered it gave me only 7 days to complete the project to have the invitations mailed in time for the wedding. (wedding is the end of August)  I completed it within two days.  Daughter #1 was here while I was punching and jumped in to give my hand a rest.  She also was a great help in putting the dimensionals --a.k.a. "pop ups"--on the initials so I could put them on the belly bands.
 
All card stock and stamps that were used were from Stampin' Up!, with the exception of the shimmer spray, violet ink on initial, lace punch and envelopes.  The latter came from a local craft store and office supply store. 
 
A word on punches...EK Success is the best!  I know SU carries EK Success punches and so do local craft stores.  I had two punches jam and break and the third one started to stick just after a few punches.  These were made by a different company.  I have learned my lesson--you get what you pay for!  I will say that I refunded my money for two of my punches.  My first punch jammed and broke 3/4's of the way through this project.  My "gut" told me to buy TWO just in case one of them failed.  I am glad I did!  My local craft store refunded my money when I returned the punches to the store.  The sales clerk said they have had punches with this one brand.
 
Now I can focus on working on the next project for our neighbor's daughter who is getting married in November.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mother's Gentle Love

My Mother's Gentle Love by Ron Hamilton Who puts a band-aid on my knee? Who holds me close so tenderly? Who always sees the best in me? There’s no one like mother. Who always wipes my tears away? Who tells me I’ll be great some day? Who cares in such a gentle way? There’s no one like mother. My mother’s gentle love, my mother’s gentle love Has taught me of God’s tender care, and turned my eyes above. I’ll bless her all my days for all her gentle ways. Oh, how I thank my Lord above for my mother’s gentle love. Today is my mother's viewing, and tomorrow is her funeral.  The song above so much describes my mom.  She loved her four children so very much!  Before she had children, she was a nurse for "special care" babies~~"old" term for NICU.  Once she started having children she gave  up her career to stay at home and raise her own babies. Thanks, Mom! Thank you, Daddy, for allowing Mom to stay at home and raise us four children! My mother and her mo

Life....

Busy.  That seems to describe life in our home.  Just day to day busy.  Nothing really noteworthy.  Life moves on.   Let me think, since I last posted.... well, let me back up to about a month before my last post.  Daughter #6 got married in October of 2022...today Son #7 got married.  So, I have gained another son and another daughter! Our youngest graduated from high school in May and our oldest grandchild graduated the following day!  From our oldest child to our youngest, we have 33 years of education. (I'm tired just thinking about it!!) Still only 13 grandchildren.  Hubby is still in education.  I keep things going on the home front.  I help out the families where and when needed.  I still make cards for the card ministry that I have been doing for 19 years.  I still crochet.   That about sums up life at this point.  Have a wonderful day!

Remembering Mom

  Eleven years ago, today, my mom entered the gates of heaven.   My heart still breaks, hurts, and grieves.  But I know I will see her one day.  It seems like it has been a lifetime.  My youngest was only 6 1/2, now she is 17 1/2, a senior in high school and trying to choose between two colleges.  My oldest was 26 with young children and now is 37 and his crew is growing up too quickly!   My oldest grandchild was 6 and now is 17 and a senior in high school.  My youngest grandchild was only 6 weeks old and now is eleven.  Eight of my thirteen grandchildren have been born since that day.    Mom Mom's Viewing My children, taken about 6 weeks before  Mom died. I miss you, Mom!